As your closing nears, you should:
- Stay in close touch with your agent, lender and title company.
- Avoid lowering your credit score with a new credit application or late payments.
- Confirm that your contract contingencies are resolved, including the home inspection, an appraisal and your financing.
- Finalize your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Gather your down payment and closing cost funds in an accessible account.
- Review your Closing Disclosure form, which you’ll receive three days before your settlement, and ask questions if you don’t understand something.
- Arrange a wire transfer or get a cashier’s check for the funds you need for the settlement.
- Schedule a walk-through of your new home within 24 hours before your closing to check its condition.