Your John Fincham Group agent will explain the key points in your multi-page contract, such as:
- Accuracy of information, including the correct spelling of your name and the property address
- The effective date of the contract – important because your contingencies have time limits.
- A list of contingencies, such as that the sale depends on financing, an appraisal, a satisfactory home inspection and perhaps the sale of your current home.
- Property disclosure information from the seller, depending on your state laws.
- A complete list of what conveys with the property
- A list of required inspections, such as a home inspection and a pest inspection
- Information about when you can move in.
- In some cases, such as if your offer is contingent on the sale of your home, the seller may add a “kick-out” clause, which means that the seller could accept another offer if one is made before your home is sold.