Before the home inspector arrives, you should:
- Clean your house.
- Remove or crate your pets.
- Make sure all your light bulbs work.
- Empty your washing machine, dryer, oven, and dishwasher – in case they are inspected.
- Make sure everything is accessible, including your attic, a crawlspace, your garage and any sheds.
- Leave a note if anything doesn’t work and explain that you’re getting it fixed.
- Provide documents about maintenance and repairs.
- Leave your cell phone number for the inspector.
- Leave the house.